Accidental deletion is not uncommon for users of modern smartphones, but recovering lost information is a rather time-consuming process that requires preliminary backup. Especially often you have to deal with the problem of how to restore a deleted application on an iPhone.
Deletion of important data may occur due to the fault of the owner, as well as be the result of a software failure. Fortunately, recovering deleted files is possible in most cases. There are both built-in and third-party tools for this.
Application Recovery Requirements
The only condition is that the user is authorized exclusively under the Apple ID from which the application was downloaded for the first time. If the program was downloaded under one account and then was deleted, then it will not be possible to restore it in another account. And when all the conditions are met, the problem of how to restore a deleted application on an iPhone becomes completely solvable.
Applications can also be restored if it was:
- paid and you’ll have to pay for it again,
- removed from the App Store and not available for first download.
As you can see, any application after uninstallation is available for recovery.
Ways to recover deleted applications
The most effective and most commonly used file recovery tools on iPhone are:
- iTunes utility
- Use of iCloud cloud data storage
- from the device.
The methods for recovering files on an iPhone are markedly different from fixing a similar problem on other smartphones. Therefore, it is recommended that you use the solutions provided by Apple.
The first method: from the device
To recover lost information using the device itself, you will need:
- Launch the UltData program and select the “Recover from iOS device” tab located in the top menu.
- Mark applications and attachments in applications needed for recovery.
It should be noted that in the left panel there is an opportunity to watch a remote application on an iPhone and gain access to its contents.
Second way: iTunes utility
ITunes software product developed specifically for Apple devices allows you to buy licensed software, upload new content to an iPhone, and also remotely control your device and create recovery points.
Before returning the remote application to the iPhone, you need to find a copy of the operating system on the personal computer. Backups are not created automatically, so they should be done manually.
So, to create a recovery point you will need:
- Connect the smartphone to a personal computer and launch the iTunes utility.
- After the computer detects the device, select "Create a copy." After a while, copying starts, after which you can see the corresponding inscription in the "Recent copies" section.
To restore the application using iTunes, you must:
- Connect the device to a personal computer and go to the "Shop" section.
- Select the "Shopping" section.
- Find the deleted program and go through the recovery procedure.
Now, if any files were accidentally deleted, they can be returned using the previously created recovery point.
Consider another method to return previously deleted files. To do this:
- Connect iPhone to computer and open iTunes app.
- Select "Restore from copy" in the "Browse" window.
- Select the desired backup point from the list and start resuscitation.
At the end of this process, all data at the time of the date specified at the recovery point will be returned.
Third way: iCloud cloud storage
Cloud data storage helps to automatically create iPhone backups with all user information. To activate this function, you must enter the device settings and enable the corresponding item in the "Storage and copies" tab.
As a result, with constant access to the Wi-fi network, recovery points will be created automatically at intervals set by the system. It should be noted that the disk capacity is 5 GB. However, the space can be increased for an additional fee: 60 rubles for 50 GB.
Before restoring a deleted application on an iPhone using iCloud, you must:
- Download the cloud data storage via iPhone and log in to your account using the password and Apple ID.
- In the window that opens, select "Settings."
- In the lower left corner find "Advanced".
- The Restore Files tab will appear, in which the data deleted during the last 30 days will be located. It will be enough to just mark the necessary files and click "Finish".
If the user deleted the contact on the iPhone, how to restore them to the phone book or return notes and reminders to the calendar, you can find out in the “Restore files” tab.
Recovery of lost data does not require special knowledge. The problem of how to restore a remote application on an iPhone can be dealt with using the functions provided by the device itself, as well as a number of applications that simplify this process.
Restoring a remote application on the iPhone
Of course, you can recover the deleted program by reinstalling it from the App Store. However, after installation, as a rule, all previous data is lost (this does not apply to applications that either store user information on their servers or have their own backup tools). However, we will talk about two methods that restore applications with all the information previously created in them.
Method 1: Backup
This method is only suitable if, after uninstalling the application, the iPhone backup was not updated. A backup can be created either on the smartphone itself (and stored in iCloud), or on a computer in iTunes.
Option 1: iCloud
If backups are automatically created on your iPhone, after deleting it is important not to miss the moment when it starts to be updated.
- Open your iPhone’s settings and select the name of your Apple ID account at the top of the window.
In the next window, select the section ICloud.
Return to the main settings window and open the section "Basic".
At the bottom of the window, open "Reset", and then select the button Erase Content and Settings.
The smartphone will offer to update the backup. Since we do not need this, select the button Erase. To continue, you will need to enter a password.
Option 2: iTunes
If you use a computer to store the backups, the recovery of the deleted program will be carried out through iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable (if you use WiFi sync, recovery will not be available) and launch iTunes. If the program starts automatically updating the backup copy, you will need to cancel this process by clicking on the cross icon in the upper part of the window.
Next, open the iPhone menu by clicking on the device icon.
Method 2: Install Downloaded Applications
Not so long ago, Apple implemented on the iPhone an extremely useful feature that allows you to download unused applications. Thus, the program is deleted from the smartphone, but its icon remains on the desktop, and user data is saved on the device. Therefore, if you rarely have to access this or that application, but you know for sure that you still need it, use the unload function. Read more on this topic in our separate article.
And in order to reinstall the downloaded program, once tap on its icon on the desktop and wait for the installation to complete. After some time, the application will be ready for launch and operation.
These simple recommendations will allow you to restore the application on your smartphone and return to its use.
Thank the author, share the article on social networks.
The only requirement is that you must be logged in with the same Apple ID from which you downloaded the application for the first time. If you downloaded the program under one account, deleted it, and now you want to restore it in another account, then nothing will work. If the condition is met, then it will be possible to restore any applications along with the data - that is, progress in games or information in the program will also return. A couple more pleasant moments:
- If the remote applications were paid, you won’t have to pay for them again.
- If the applications are removed from the App Store and are no longer available for first download, they can still be returned.
It turns out that you can uninstall the program at least 5, at least 6 times - it will always be available for recovery. We’ve figured out the conditions, now let's see the most interesting thing - how to recover an accidentally deleted application on an iPhone.
Download from the App Store
The easiest way to return deleted applications to your iPhone is to reinstall them on the App Store.
- Launch the Apple App Store on the iPhone.
- Click on the “Updates” icon in the bottom panel.
- Open the "Shopping" section.
- On the "All" tab, find the deleted applications.
- Click on the cloud next to the name of the program to install it on your phone.
In the “Shopping” section there is another useful tab called “Not on this iPhone / iPad”. In it you will find applications that are installed on another device with the same Apple ID. If you want to transfer some application from another device, then use the same button in the form of a cloud.
Size Limit Bypass
If you use mobile Internet to download applications from the cloud, you may face a size limit. In iOS 11, you cannot download an object that is larger than 150 MB, and in previous versions, the restriction is even more stringent - 100 MB. To get around the ban:
- Start downloading the application.
- When a sign appears about the oversize and the need to connect to Wi-Fi, click "OK".
- Turn on airplane mode.
- Reboot the device.
- Turn off airplane mode.
Downloading the application will start automatically, provided that the mobile Internet remains on.
Sync with iTunes
How to recover deleted applications if the phone does not have Internet access? The option to download from the cloud does not help, so another way is needed - for example, downloading from iTunes.
- Connect iPhone, open iTunes.
- Select a device in the program window. Make sure you are authorized in iTunes under the appropriate Apple />
After disconnecting the smartphone from the computer, make sure that the application is installed and working. All progress will be lost, but it can be restored.
Application data can be stored in two places:
- On developer servers.
- In iCloud.
If the program or game data is stored on the developers' servers, then to return the game process, you just need to enter the username and password of the account that was used earlier. Data that was stored in iCloud will automatically be tightened after restoring the application. If this does not happen, then there may be two reasons:
- The program does not support data storage in iCloud.
- You have prohibited the storage of information in the cloud the first time you launch the application.
To save data, open the Storage properties in the settings and move the slider of the desired program to the active position.
Another working way to recover deleted applications and other data is to restore iPhone from backup to iCloud or iTunes.
The disadvantage of this method is that you will return to the previous state not only the application, but also the system with all the information. That is, all photos, videos, programs that appeared after creating the backup will be deleted.
How to restore a game (application) on iPhone or iPad
Did you delete the application by accident or did it intentionally, and then shook it? It’s scary that all games and programs downloaded from the App Store to mobile devices can always be restored.
Immediately it is worth noting that if the game or program downloaded from the Apple application store was paid, then you do not need to pay for the purchase again for recovery.
You can return the application to your mobile device in two ways:
- directly from your iPhone or iPad, through the App Store app,
- via iTunes.
Recover Deleted Games and Programs on iPhone or iPad
- Open the App Store app.
- Go to the "Shopping" section.
- Using the search for purchased software located in the upper left corner of the screen, find the application you are interested in.
- To re-download a program or game to a mobile device, tap on the “cloud with an arrow”.
- Wait for the download and installation to finish.
Recover Deleted Applications via iTunes
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- Go to the "Shop" section.
- On the right side of the screen, in the side menu, find the "Shopping" link.
- Once in the "Shopping" section, open the "Applications" tab.
- Find the application of interest by searching, click on the cloud icon and wait until the download is complete.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your PC and sync iTunes content with your mobile device.
If you did not find the answer to your question or something did not work out, and in the comments below there is no suitable solution, ask a question through our help form. It is fast, simple, convenient and does not require registration. You will find answers to your and other questions in this section.