We welcome our dear basketball players, we are glad to once again offer you an interesting article on the sports blog Pro-Basketball.Ru. Today we will tell how to prepare for a basketball game.
When it comes to winning an important basketball game, timely preparation is a key success factor. You must be physically prepared and mentally directed to play at full strength.
Many basketball players perform some procedures before the game that help them prepare for an important game. Although there is no perfect solution for what to do before the game, there are many key features that will help you succeed.
So, here is a list of tips to help you better prepare for your basketball game.
1. Do not be lazy to study the tactical scheme of the game that the coach gave you. Try to remember your task in the game and constantly stick to it. Also do not forget about defensive actions during the match.
2. Have more rest at night before the upcoming game. If possible, sleep at least eight hours to rest well physically and mentally. You do not have to be sleepy before the game.
3. Remember all the practical exercises that you practiced in training. If you are lazy in practice, then you will not be physically and mentally prepared for the upcoming game situations.
4. Eat healthy, balanced food the day before the game, it will properly prepare your body for physical activity. Include carbohydrate-rich foods as they provide more energy. Remember to drink more fluids the night before.
5. Motivate yourself before the game. Find what motivates you best, perhaps it will be music, silence or videos from successful basketball players. This will help you stay focused during the match.
6. Knead and warm up your muscles longer before an important game. When a basketball player is worried, his muscles become more rigid than usual. Therefore, you need to spend an additional ten minutes stretching them. Focus on stretching more tight muscles, as this will help prevent injury.
7. Before the game, it is advisable to shoot at the basket, for this make 10 shots from different points of the court. This is usually included in a team workout. This action will help you stay calm and focused until the game.
8. To relieve yourself of the experience, just remember that this is another game. Additional stress will not benefit you, enjoy the game, regardless of the result.
9. Prepare your basketball uniform in advance. This will psychologically facilitate the game day and you can better concentrate on the match.
Basketball Basics for Beginner Adults
Warm up - The first thing basketball training begins with. Muscles and ligaments warm up, become more elastic, which helps to avoid injuries and sprains.
general physical preparation - The basis on which the training process is based. This is the development of agility, flexibility, speed, endurance and strength.
The level of training determines what tasks an athlete will fulfill on the playing field, how the training will proceed. OFP improves well-being, develops the cardiovascular system, strengthens the immune system.
Krepatura Is a muscle pain that appears as after 5-6 hours after training, and the day after class. It occurs in people whose body has not yet adapted to the loads. It goes by itself within 5-7 days.
Average duration - 10 minutes. Every exercise 10 reps each.
- Circular motions in shoulder joints.
- Alternating rise dumbbell up.
- Starting position: arms are straight, extended in front of you. Hands apart.
- Hip Circular: outward, inward.
- Lunges forward and to the side.
Important! With lunges, hind leg straight. The back knee above the floor.
- Torso forward with a deflection back.
- Torso right left.
- Torso twists right left.
- Circular motion in the knee joint (legs together, shoulder width apart).
- From a supine position: bending, extension of the leg in the knee joint.
- Rolling from heels to socks.
- Circular motion of the foot.
Squats, legs shoulder-width apart, back straight, arms behind the head. Heels on the floor:
- Squats legs together, shoulder width apart.
- Half squats - The pelvis only reaches the knee line.
Cast Technique: Lessons
You need to know the following techniques.
Stand for the player as the roots for a tree, this is the position from which begins the movement in basketball.
Initial stance: legs shoulder-width apart, feet - parallel, on the same line. The second option: put one of the legs forward in the foot. Distribute the center of gravity evenly on both legs. Heels on the floor, knees bent, body tilted forward, back straight, arms bent and arms apart.
This rack allows you to lead, transfer or throw into the basket, depending on the situation.
- Of the provisions sitting, kneeling, lying (on the back, on the stomach) to perform a stand on a sound signal.
- Starting position: initial stand. Run moving sideways, forward, backward, diagonally.
- Stand in the buzzer while walking, running.
One-handed throw in place
In parallel with the rack throws are practiced. A throw is a key point in the game. The team that will complete the most successful throws wins.
The cast begins with lowering the center of gravity. Then the kick kicks into the jump, pushes the body up. Simultaneously with the push, the ball comes off the throwing hand - the brush pushes, the index and middle fingers guide the ball. In this case, the forearm of the pushing hand is directed towards the target. Performed two sets of 10-15 repetitions per arm.
Photo 1. Thus, the correct technique of throwing with one hand in place looks like this.
One hand in a ring with one meter
1.5-2 meters - distance for beginner basketball players. The ball is sent so that the projectile passes cleanly into the ring without touching the basket.
- Throw the ball out of position standing and jumping.
- Throw out provisions sitting on a chair, standing on a chair.
The distance to the shield increases. For beginner basketball players, it is better to start with exercises that do not include resistance and interference from the opponent.
The pace of the exercise increases gradually. First, the correct technique is put, then the execution speed increases.
Starting position: player in midfield. The ball is dribbled to the penalty line, and a jump shot is taken on the free-throw line. If the ball hits the shield and does not fall into the ring, the athlete picks up the projectile in the place where he fell and leads him to the free-throw line. Performed three approaches of 10-15 repetitions.
Another option is the Sniper exercise.. Players do 10 jump shots from three points of the hall two meters from the shield. A throw is counted in which the ball does not touch the basket. Exercise is suitable for teamwork. Losers players do 10 push-ups.
Two steps - throw
Performed independently and with a partner:
First option: the player starts from the right corner of the center of the room. The movement is diagonal with respect to the ring.
The athlete accelerates, dribbles. On the penalty line does one long step, the second short, pushes off the floor and throws the ball into the ring.
Along with the development of basic technology, tactical game elements are introduced into the training.
Stops - elements in the technique of attack. Their task is to help the athlete get rid of the opponent, gain an advantage in attack.
Mastering begins at the same time as learning two-step shots, since this rhythm is basic for attack techniques in motion.
The player takes a run, kicks off the floor and makes a long jump in the direction of travel. Landing is practiced in two versions:
- Landing on both legs at the same time.
- Landing on the supporting leg, followed by setting second legs.
To consolidate the skill is practiced in motion:
- Jump stop while walking, running.
- Jump stop after the signal.
- Jump stop after leading and catching.
Photo 2. The correct technique for stopping with a jump on both legs at the same time is shown.
Stop in steps
It is used if the ball is in the player’s hands. The athlete leads with a long step of the right (left-handed left) leg, from heel to toe, rolling, pulling the shell to the chest. Second step short with a turn of the body. The stop is due to the distribution of body weight on both legs. The skill is fixed as follows:
- Walking and running. The first step is short, the second is long.
- Starting position: the player stands, holds the ball in his hands. Then he throws it forward and up, trying to catch the shell with a stop in a step: the first is long, the second is short, stopping step.
Zigzag without ball with stopping jump
To test this technique, landmarks are used - cones or chips.
The track is set so that the line from cone to cone gives a diagonal.
The player moves in dashes and stops in front of each cone. two-leg jump and fixes the position.
Important! Legs bent in knees.
Two-handed transfer to the wall
Starting position: legs bent, feet shoulder width apart. The back is straight, the body leans forward.
The transfer is made by pushing away from oneself to the player’s head level.
In the second approach feed level changes to chest area. Exercise performed by the number of times in one minute.
One hand to the wall
Starting position is similar. two-handed transmission. Transmission starts from the right shoulder behind the right ear. The pushing right hand is located behind the ball with the fingers up. The guide left hand is in front.
At the beginning of the transfer, body weight is shifted to the hind leg, “charging” it. The ball goes off the arm, body weight moves to the front foot, and the arm ends the movement rotation of the forearm and hand in and down.
Reference! The thumb of the working hand should be located down below.
A basketball player must not only be proficient in basketball. He must possess such qualities as strength, speed, endurance, dexterity, jumping ability. That is, first of all, a basketball player must be a versatile athlete. To maintain himself in good shape, he needs to engage not only in basketball, but also in other sports. The most suitable of these is athletics.
Every basketball player must be able to perform all the techniques of attack and defense. Much time should be devoted to practicing their performance in independent training. Every technique should be perfected. Movements should become natural and almost automatic. Particular attention should be paid to those techniques in the implementation of which there are shortcomings.
In basic training, most of the time is devoted to practicing group tactical schemes. However, the coach should not forget about the individual game. He is obliged to explain to young players when and how to perform this or that technique. This knowledge will be useful to young basketball players in independent training, when they will work on individual tactics. By the way, in this case, you can conduct an independent training with two or three partners. So it will be easier to work out a series of attack or defense techniques, as well as some group actions.
To properly master all the techniques, a basketball player must know the theory of their execution. During independent work, in the absence of a coach, the player will not be able to correctly work out one or another technique without possessing such knowledge. In addition, the young athlete should be fully interested in modern trends in the game, training methods and everything related to basketball. Thus, theoretical training should include reading special literature with the aim of studying:
- training methods
- methods and means of modern basketball,
- tactical schemes
- warm-up techniques before training,
- game rules
- sports hygiene and medicine.
Despite the apparent simplicity - this is one of the most difficult types of self-training. The concept of “will” implies the ability of a person not to give up and achieve his goal, despite any difficulties. The difficulty of volitional training is that it is very difficult to assess the volitional qualities of a player. Then the coach should help the young basketball player. It is he who should try to give the most accurate assessment of the volitional qualities of the player, as well as recommendations for their development.