Gauze dressings are also called surgical masks. They are used mainly by medical workers in order to protect themselves and other people from airborne infections and small particles of moisture and dust scattered in the air. Often during outbreaks of epidemics of airborne diseases, health services recommend that people use these dressings. Gauze dressings should completely cover the mouth and nose, but at the same time keep a little loose, without creating any inconvenience.
How to wear a cotton-gauze bandage?
Put a bandage on the face so that it tightly and completely covers the mouth and nose. Clamp the lower ends of the ties on the crown of the head, and the upper ends on the back of the head. In the gap on both sides of the nose, lay pieces of cotton wool so that the bandage fits snugly on the face.
Office of the Central Administrative District of the Main Directorate of the Ministry for Emergencies of Russia
If you find an error: select the text and press Ctrl + Enter
How to wear a medical mask
Having bought a protective mask in a pharmacy, the first question arises - which side should I wear it? The answer is simple - no difference. You can wear a medical mask on ANY side, and a rigid rib with a retainer should rest on your nose. Microbes will equally accumulate on both blue and white surfaces. The standard mask is three-layer and the inner layer performs the main function.
But manufacturers recommend wearing the product with the colored side out. This is due to the appearance of colored dressings that allow emphasizing the individuality of their user. So which side to wear a medical mask is up to you.
What you should pay attention to:
- the mask should have a good retainer and fit snugly against the nose, not slip and rub,
- if you are prone to allergic reactions, avoid latex in the composition,
- check that the loops or ties of the product are firmly and firmly fixed without causing discomfort.
Many people are sure that face dressings do not protect against viruses and bacteria. This is not true. The problem is that we do not know how to use them correctly. A medical mask is a barrier between the human mucosa and the source of infection. And its main task is to reduce the concentration of aerosol entering the mucous membrane.
If we want to get the maximum effect, it is necessary to observe a number of rules on how to wear a flu mask.
- The mask should fit tightly on the face, completely covering the nose, mouth and chin.
- When using the dressing, do not touch it with your hands. Upon contact, the infection falls into the hands and can enter the body through the mucous membrane of the eye or mouth.
- You can remove the mask only by the earloops, without touching its fabric.
- In case of any contact of the hands with infected material, it is necessary to wash them thoroughly or use a disinfectant spray.
- Change masks every 2 hours. Dispose of used items in trash only. No need to store the bandage, put it in a bag or pocket. Subsequent use may harm your health. Do not forget that the medical mask is disposable.
- A bandage on the face is necessary only in the premises, in transport or in direct contact with a sick person. On the street, the risk of illness is minimal and a mask is not needed.
By following these simple rules, you can protect yourself from various diseases. The method of using medical masks is absolutely safe and not costly for everyone. Use masks during periods of increased incidence and in rooms where sick people are present. Remember that simple things sometimes save lives.