How to disable automatic subscription to Xbox Live Gold, EA Access or Game Pass via PC or Xbox, step-by-step instructions.
Xbox memberships offer many benefits: free games, discounts, sales, online multiplayer and more. However, subscriptions renew automatically and without request. Therefore, you can easily lose the extra money if you do not turn off the service in time, which is no longer needed.
Unsubscribing from a computer through a browser.
- Go to the site xbox.com and log in.
- Click on your gametag or icon (upper right corner) and select “Subscriptions"(Subscriptions).
- Go to the item "Control»The desired service.
- Click on the link "Turn off automatic renewal"And confirm cancellation.
After updating the Microsoft site, the item names changed slightly.
- Click on "Manage" the desired subscription.
- To the right of the line “Periodic billing” click on the line “Change”.
- Click on the line “Turn off periodic billing.”
Xbox Live Gold Auto-Renewal Example
The “Services and Subscriptions” page provides useful information (cost, payment date, expiration date) about current and ending Microsoft services.
Unsubscribe from Xbox Online
- Run entrance on the Services and Subscriptions page of your Microsoft account using the button above.
- Select Payment and bills for the desired subscription, and then click Cancel. If you do not see your subscription, make sure that you are logged in with the correct Microsoft account for this subscription.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
- If periodic billing is enabled, an option will be displayed to end the subscription on the expiration date, the selection of which will disable periodic billing. Depending on the status of your subscription, the option of immediately disabling your subscription may also be available.
- If periodic billing is disabled, a message appears stating that your subscription has already been paid before the expiration date.
- If your subscription has arrears or is suspended, you must pay the arrears before canceling. See note Important! above.
Need more help with canceling your Xbox?
If you are having trouble canceling your Xbox, read the following information before contacting Xbox Support.
I’ve already canceled my Xbox subscription, but I’m still billing it.
If you still get paid after canceling your Xbox subscription, it most likely means that you still have arrears for the current subscription time at the time you turned off periodic billing. If you cancel your subscription, your billing will end.
After signing in, I no longer see any Xbox subscriptions, but the fee is still charging.
If you no longer see subscriptions after logging in to your account, check if the Microsoft account is selected correctly. If you don’t remember which Microsoft account you used to sign up for the Xbox, see Solving problems with a lost account or Solving problems with a lost password.
I pay a subscription for another user.
If you pay for another Xbox user, you cannot cancel it. The Microsoft account owner must follow the instructions in the Unsubscribing Xbox Online section above on this page to unsubscribe from your Xbox.
Disable xbox live gold subscription
The presence of paid services ensures regular system updates. It is also an opportunity to be in touch with other users. The presence of a special status is always more prizes, gifts, and achievements are marked with cups.
The availability of the service gives access to a variety of games provided for free, sales. However, the status is renewed without asking the user, so there is a need to cancel the paid Xbox Live Gold subscription.
There are several ways to do this:
- Using a browser on a computer,
- By undoing the console.
Step-by-step instructions on how to disable a paid subscription to Xbox Live Gold:
- In the browser, go to the official portal. First you need to register and log in as an authorized user.
- At the top right is an icon symbolizing the player. Select an icon and an additional menu will appear. Where to find the “Subscriptions” item.
- Next, find the desired service "Management".
- In the page that opens, to the right of the "Periodic billing" section, the word "Change" appears, click on it.
- "Turn off periodic billing." All service is disabled.
Cancel using a prefix
Step-by-step instructions on how to cancel automatic billing for connected services:
- Click the "" icon and go to the Settings located directly in the console,
- Find the “Accounts” section here. Then go to the tab "Payment and bills",
- Go to the Order History using the button,
- A new page will appear on the screen, where the item “Service and Subscriptions” will be. You need to look for it in the top menu,
- Next, having selected the desired service, click the "Management" button,
- “Payments and Billing” will appear here. Click "Change" and choose refuse, confirming your intentions.
Timely refusal will save money for services that are no longer needed.