Our experienced team of editors and researchers contributed to this article and tested it for accuracy and completeness.
The number of sources used in this article is 11. You will find a list of them at the bottom of the page.
A team of content managers carefully monitors the work of editors to ensure that each article meets our high quality standards.
So, you have chosen the perfect outfit. But as soon as you put on the dress, it begins to stick to the body, exposing you in a disadvantageous light. Here is the failure. Fortunately, electrification is directly related to dryness and there are several fairly simple ways to make the dress stop sticking to the body.
Ten Ways to Get Rid of Electrification Quickly
- Lift the dress or skirt and the inside of the hem, wipe with an antistatic cloth. The top of the product or blouse also needs to be wiped with this napkin from the inside,
- Spray with water - an effective tool against electrification. Slightly spray the required area, do not spray too much water, otherwise the clothes will remain wet! When the water dries, the polyester, natural silk or other fabric will no longer be electrified,
- You can add a few drops of fabric softener to the spray bottle with water, this will enhance the effect. Spray lightly on required areas of clothing and iron products from the inside. If you are in pantyhose, lubricate your hands with air conditioning and run through them,
- You can also use water and a few tablespoons of fabric softener for the spray gun. Such a tool is used for clothes and carpets,
- Wet your hands with water and iron your dress or blouse. To enhance the effect, add a teaspoon of salt to the water. This method will also help smooth out wrinkled areas of clothing,
- Swipe a piece of solid soap on the inside of your clothes or tights,
- The skin areas to which polyester or synthetics are most sticky are lubricated with a moisturizing body lotion or fragrance-free cream or baby powder. Such products retain moisture on the skin, so things are electrified and stick less. But this method is not suitable if the product is fully electrified,
- If a silk or synthetic product is electrified, a classic antistatic spray will help. Spray the product at a distance of 20-30 centimeters from the fabric. It is advisable to perform the procedure on a balcony or fresh air, since such a spray has a sharp and persistent unpleasant odor,
- If the skirt or hem of the dress sticks to the tights, treat only the seamy side of the garment with an antiseptic. Do not spray the product on tights or things, otherwise they will stick to each other even more,
- Instead of an antistatic agent, you can use hair spray, as it also contains antistatic substances. Spray the can at a distance of 30 centimeters from clothing. Make sure that the varnish does not accidentally get into the eyes and face!
How to prevent electrification
Static electricity is caused by too dry air. Therefore, additional humidification can solve the problem. To do this, install a humidifier at home, and the electrification will disappear after a while.
Also, to moisten the fabric, hang clothes in the bathroom immediately after taking a shower or bath. This method also helps to smooth the fabric without an iron.
In addition, it is important to ensure the proper care of synthetics and silk, including the proper washing, rinsing and drying of synthetic things and clothes that are highly electrified. First, study the label for things and find out how to wash, dry and iron products. Character decoding can be found here.
Do not wash the product in water that is too hard, as it will result in electrification. To soften water and materials, be sure to add fabric softener for each wash. Also, a little soda can be added to the powder, which will also prevent subsequent adhesion of the fabric to the body or tights.
Try not to dry your clothes in the washing machine, but leave to dry naturally in a well-ventilated area. The thing is dried separately from the rest, you can hang the product in the doorway. Such drying will prevent the appearance of electrification, wrinkles and wrinkled areas.
If you decide to dry your clothes in the washing machine, use a low temperature and during drying put an antistatic cloth inside the product or put three or four tennis balls in the machine. Finish drying better in vivo.
How to rinse things so that they do not electrify
Pay special attention to rinsing, since the use of some folk remedies effectively prevents the electrification of clothing. Moreover, you can cook these funds at home.
To do this, use vinegar, salt and soda, citric acid and even hair conditioner. Let's look at several ways how to make clothes not stick to legs and tights:
- Mix vinegar and baking soda in a ratio of 6 to 1. Add the mixture while rinsing. Such a tool reduces the ability of tissues to accumulate static electricity, softens and refreshes the material, completely removes residues of laundry detergent or soap from products,
- Mix vinegar, water and hair conditioner in a 3: 6: 2 ratio. Add the finished solution when rinsing the synthetics,
- When rinsing, add table salt or citric acid in the amount of one teaspoon per 10 liters of water.
Combine synthetic clothing with natural fabric items. This greatly reduces the risk of static electricity. There is another small trick that helps to avoid static buildup.
Walk barefoot to the synthetic materials, spreading the products on the floor. And then the charge will go into the flooring, and a small amount of charged particles will remain on the body.
Friction creates an electric charge, which can lead to cracking of clothing when touched. In winter, it accumulates faster than in summer. This is due to low humidity.
Also besides this, there are some fabrics that quickly create an electric charge, such as polyamide, acrylic and wool.
Effective methods that prevent the appearance of a charge on the tissue:
- Metal coat hanger. To prevent the item from being electrified before putting on a silk shirt, hang it for a while on a clothing trempel. Metal discharges electricity. This trick works especially well with delicate fabrics.
- Safety pin. Place a metal pin in the seam or pocket. She will collect electric charge.
- Change the shoes. Leather shoes do not build up charge, like rubber soles.
- The cloth. Do not wear synthetic things. Natural material absorbs moisture, due to which the fabric does not accumulate charges.
- Fabric softener. Such products give not only a wonderful aroma to clothes, but also contain substances that prevent electrification.
Static electricity will not occur if the clothes are properly dried after washing. To prevent a thing from getting electrified, it is better to hang clothes in the air.
If using machine drying, use the following tips:
- One or two tennis balls are placed in the dryer. They help prevent severe friction between clothing and the drum, which reduces static electricity.
- Before drying, put a damp cloth in the machine. This method will humidify the air inside and the electricity will not accumulate so much.
With these simple methods, you can get rid of electrification at home.
Antistatic spray helps to overcome static electricity. Assortment in the store: Lira, Domo, LANA, TOTO, Touch of Silk, odorless water-spray antistatic for textiles.
How to remove static electricity from clothes with an antistatic:
- After washing, rinse your clothes with cool lemon water.
- Then things are dried in the fresh air.
- Before wearing, the antistatic agent is sprayed onto clothing.
Such spray - products can be of two types: with ethyl alcohol and water-based.
The first type of antistatic agent should be used in a well-ventilated room, in addition, after applying it, things do not smell very good and even a high-quality perfume will not mask the smell of alcohol.
Water based antistatic agents contain surfactants. They are safe for health and smell good.
Before using any product, you must do a body check. Sensitive skin may irritate.
Hairspray not only allows the hairdo not deteriorate for several hours, it is also a quick and effective solution to remove the discharge of static electricity from clothes.
Getting rid of statics:
- before applying the varnish, turn the clothes inside out,
- spray at a distance of 30 cm
- recycle material after donning.
Hairspray will quickly remove statistical electricity. This method is great if you need the item urgently. It can be used just before the exit, but do not forget to wait for drying.
A regular hand cream will help to cope with the problem. It is applied in a thin layer to the whole body.
The cream moisturizes by creating a film and prevents friction. Lump soap can be used in the same way.
Ordinary baking soda or vinegar
Baking soda is poured when washing directly into the drum. Enough ¼ part of a glass for 2 kg of things.
Soda forms a temporary protective layer on things, which prevents the formation of current. And also it perfectly removes stains.
Vinegar is added after the wash cycle. It is necessary to pour 50 ml of white vinegar and turn on the rinse. It works like soda.
Experienced housewives are advised to mix vinegar and soda in a ratio of 6: 1. The product is used when rinsing clothes, ½ cup is enough. This solution also softens the tissue and deodorizes.
Remove static electricity with cotton. In clothes that are highly electrified, place a small shred of such fabric.
You can sew a cotton cloth in your pocket or on another inconspicuous part of the product.
If the electric charge on the body is due to shoes, they insert cotton insoles. Sell them on the market or cut out on their own. More static will not occur.
Before putting on clothes, wipe the body with lotion. This method is especially good at removing static from silk shirts.
Lotion moisturizes the body, and moisture is necessary to prevent electrification.
Delicate fabrics can be ruined if sprayed with a spray bottle, but if a moisturizer is applied to the body, the thing will remain in its original form and the static will disappear.
Air conditioning spray
The fabric softener can be used not only during washing, but also after it.
Home antistatic is a great lifesaver if you don’t have a factory copy on hand.
A method of preparing a home antistatic fabric softener:
- ¼ cup of water is poured into the spray bottle,
- add ½ tbsp. l fabric softener
- close the bottle well and shake.
The resulting product is sprayed on top of the clothes. Can be used for furniture and home textiles in the apartment.
Essential oils help get rid of static. They can be applied to hair, sprayed around the apartment or spray clothes.
Remove static oil:
- you need ¼ cup of water and 2 drops of lavender oil,
- the components are mixed in a spray bottle, applied to an electrifying thing.
This tool justifies itself 100%. In addition, oil antistatic agents give the clothes a pleasant smell.
Getting rid of static adhesion is quick and easy. To remove the electric charge from clothes, you need to make a choice in favor of one of the methods.
Therefore, it is recommended that you try each method to determine which one is best.