Whether the conception was a long-awaited miracle or an unplanned surprise, any girl wants to know about it as soon as possible. Therefore, women are so fond of sharing descriptions of the first signs of pregnancy. After all, tests promise results only after a delay. But you still need to live up to it! And what should a girl eaten by curiosity, hope or anxiety?
We warn you right away: to know about these signs is useful, but you should not attach too much importance to them. Since they are very subjective and can serve as symptoms of completely different conditions.
When the first signs of pregnancy appear after conception
The female egg is able to fertilize the first 12 hours after ovulation. If a woman keeps track of her cycle and knows exactly when the egg came out, she can determine whether conception occurred after the act or not.
Symptoms of pregnancy in the first days after conception are similar to signs of PMS of varying severity. The fact is that in the luteal period, a woman's body always prepares for pregnancy - just in case. And the processes that take place in it after the release of the egg are always the same for about two weeks, regardless of whether the conception occurred or not.
The corpus luteum remaining in the ovary after ovulation produces the hormone progesterone, therefore, women swell and become sensitive breasts, there is irritability, drowsiness, fatigue, often want to go to the toilet and so on. If the pregnancy really has come, then the signs continue, intensify and become more characteristic, and if not, menstruation comes.
Therefore, before the onset of menstruation, many women notice certain symptoms in themselves, which are often considered signs of conception. Their presence, severity and strength depend on the characteristics of the body. They are not obligatory at all - neither in case of pregnancy, nor in case of its absence.
Many symptoms can be caused not even by PMS, but by a common illness or stress. Therefore, relying on such signs of conception is 100% not worth it. But to know them is useful - at least for your own peace of mind.
If usually in a woman the second phase of the cycle passes without pronounced symptoms, the presence of such signs can serve as a kind of “beacon” and allow one to suspect an interesting situation.
As a rule, at 1 week pregnancy is not even considered pregnancy. At this time, the fertilized egg moves through the tubes into the uterus, where it will have to gain a foothold and spend the next 9 months. No obvious signs are observed these days, although discharges that are uncharacteristic of the phase of the cycle may appear, pulling sensations in the abdomen, drowsiness, headache and irritability. But for many women, it is these symptoms that accompany the entire second phase - from them the notorious PMS is added.
Usually, the first signs appear around 8-10 days after conception. This largely depends on the characteristics of the body of each particular woman, on her attentiveness and level of sensitivity. It is at 2 weeks that part of expectant mothers is faced with a phenomenon such as implantation bleeding.
After the fertilization of the egg, it moves to the uterus and is fixed in one of its walls. In this case, microcracks of blood vessels and capillaries may occur, which are accompanied by bleeding. This phenomenon occurs in only 20-30% of all pregnancies, and sometimes it is taken for menstruation that began earlier.
However, it is not difficult to distinguish hemorrhage during implantation of an embryo from normal menstruation. It lasts only a few hours, less often the whole day. Moreover, his intensity is weak and does not increase. The color of the discharge is light brown, bright red or pink. An analysis of the hCG level at this time is not yet informative, as the changes are just beginning.
Signs of pregnancy at 3 weeks are already more pronounced. Sensations in the chest intensify - soreness, sensitivity, tingling, areoles around the nipples darken. Taste preferences and reaction to smells change, chronic diseases become aggravated. As a rule, a delay in menstruation is already detected at this time, so it's time to do a test or donate blood for hCG.
How to recognize early pregnancy
Accurately recognizing a pregnancy before a delay is an unrealistic task. After all, the main reliable sign is the absence of bleeding on day X. However, there is a certain symptomatology that tells the woman that something is wrong with her. However, as mentioned above, it is impossible to fully rely on it.
Those women who regularly measure basal temperature know that after ovulation it always rises sharply by a few tenths of a degree. This usually lasts about two weeks and before menstruation, the temperature returns to normal. If pregnancy has occurred, a temperature above 37 will remain for about two more months.
It is believed that a sign of conception after ovulation is an increase in BT to 37-37.5 degrees at the very end. This is noted by many mothers, although there is no exact confirmation of this phenomenon. At 1 week of pregnancy, this contributes to the high level of progesterone produced by the corpus luteum.
Drowsiness, fatigue, low blood pressure
Sometimes there is a feeling of drowsiness in the first days of pregnancy, a woman gets tired faster and feels tired even after a long rest. He begins to feel dizzy due to low blood pressure. These signs of pregnancy are also subjective and unreliable, they can happen due to usual overwork.
Abdominal and lower back discomfort
Secondary pregnancy symptoms also manifest in strange sensations in the abdomen or lower back. At the beginning of pregnancy, blood supply to the pelvic organs increases, so women often feel heaviness and squeezing, discomfort in a sitting position.
A pulling pain in the lower back can be felt, although this is often a sign of kidney problems. But the growing pain in the lower abdomen can warn of an ectopic or the threat of a miscarriage. Changes in the uterus sometimes cause a tingling sensation, although not all girls feel it. Another sign of pregnancy in the second week, and even later, is bloating. Hormonal changes lead to a relaxation of intestinal muscles and flatulence.
Intolerance to some smells
During pregnancy, many women become very sensitive to smells and tastes. This applies not only to food, but to everything that surrounds a woman - cleaning products, cosmetics, perfumes, flowers. She vividly smells and tastes that she had not previously paid attention to. Or unexpectedly “stopped loving” those that she liked before.
So that the body does not reject the fetus, which is a foreign body for him, after conception, a woman's immunity decreases. That is why one of the common symptoms of pregnancy is a cold (ARVI).
However, an increase in body temperature to 37 degrees is, in principle, characteristic of the first months of pregnancy, and because of hormonal imbalance, a woman is sometimes thrown into heat or cold.
After a woman becomes pregnant, her body begins a large-scale hormonal restructuring, so many notice among the early symptoms of pregnancy the appearance of rashes on the skin - acne, blackheads. It is especially worth paying attention to those who have not been bothered by such symptoms before. It should be remembered that acne often accompanies the second phase of the cycle, so the symptom is subjective and unreliable.
Brown spots on the face and darkening of the nipples
Many consider the appearance of various pigment spots or darkening of the areola of the breast on the face as a sign of fertilization of the egg. These signs are also subjective and cannot serve as a reliable guide. In some women, areoles darken very much already in the first month of pregnancy, while others do not notice this until its end. The body of each woman is unique, so the birth of a new life always takes place a little differently than others.
Is there an early pregnancy without symptoms
If the child is long-awaited, the expectant mother is anxiously tracking the slightest signs and changes in her body. But it happens that a woman finds out about her new position only after a delay. And if the cycle is irregular and her periods are regularly late, then even later. It happens that pregnancy is detected only in the third or fifth month after conception, when the stomach is already growing. Since before that there were no symptoms. Occasionally, even menstruation (or rather, it is not menstruation, but bleeding) can persist in the first 1-2 months. This, of course, is infrequent.
As a rule, the signs of pregnancy in the first week after conception are almost invisible or even absent, and this is the norm. At this time, changes in the woman’s body have not yet entered full force, and basically coincide with the usual sensations in the second phase of the cycle or with the symptoms of PMS.
Signs of Pregnancy
The true symptoms of pregnancy in the first month include characteristic symptoms that appear a few weeks after fertilization. As a rule, the time of their appearance is the third or fourth week of pregnancy, when the restructuring in the mother’s body is gaining strength. Their appearance can tell a woman that a conception has occurred. But not all of them will necessarily appear: the absence of any of these symptoms is only an individual feature of the body.
Delay of menstruation
Delayed menstruation is one of the most famous and true signs of conception. But only if the woman has a more or less regular cycle and she does not suffer from diseases that cause long delays.
As a rule, in a healthy woman, menstruation occurs at the same time, although there may be slight fluctuations for 1-2 days in one direction or another, associated with illness or stress. Therefore, a delay of 4 days is already an occasion to carefully listen to the sensations and conduct a pregnancy test.
If the cycle is not too regular, then a delay of up to 5-6 days, not accompanied by other symptoms, cannot yet serve as a reliable sign of pregnancy. In this case, it is advisable to postpone the test for 7-8 days of delay, since earlier it can give either a false positive or a false negative result.
The signs of pregnancy in the early days of the delay are already more pronounced, so if the absence of menstruation is accompanied by profuse white discharge, increased fatigue and drowsiness, chest pain and nausea, a woman may well think about her interesting position.
Another characteristic symptom is changes in the mammary glands. They can swell, become painful, sensitive, the areola darkens - although all this refers to unreliable signs. As a rule, increased progesterone secretion associated with conception causes a noticeable increase in breast size, as well as the manifestation of tubercles on the nipples. Sometimes it can oozing colostrum.
Pigment strip on the stomach
Almost all pregnant women note the appearance of a dark pigment strip on the abdomen - it goes from the navel to the pubic bone. Sometimes this symptom of pregnancy appears even in the early stages, although usually it occurs later - about 4-5 months.
Many women are expecting pregnancy with fear, having heard the horrors of toxicosis. Of course, it also happens that nausea and vomiting simply exhaust the expectant mother, and from the smell of some products she literally turns inside out. But for many girls, morning sickness passes quickly, almost without any inconvenience. And some women say that they did not experience toxicosis at all.
How to determine an early pregnancy
Diagnosis of pregnancy in the early stages is possible, starting from the day of the alleged delay in menstruation. The earliest is the tenth day after conception, before this period no one will give a reliable result.
Diagnostic methods include:
- Pregnancy test. Submersible strip strips give a true result 2-3 days after the delay. And it is recommended to do them at least three times, with a break of several days. More expensive inkjet tests can be used earlier - a few days before the delay or immediately after it. These benefits help determine pregnancy at home and get registered on time in the LCD.
- Gynecological examination. If a woman suspects pregnancy, then even with a negative test, you can get an examination by a gynecologist. He knows the signs of pregnancy in the early stages and, having examined the cervix, he will understand that conception has occurred,
- HCG blood test. If the examination is not yet informative, the doctor may direct the woman to donate blood for HCG. The level of this hormone will tell not only about the fact of conception. But also about whether the pregnancy proceeds normally. In the first four weeks, the hCG level doubles every two days, and then its rate decreases slightly - the indicator doubles every 4 days. This analysis is most informative on the 13-14th day of pregnancy,
- Ultrasound of the uterus. An ultrasound examination allows determination of fertilization for a period of 3 weeks, although more accurate results can be obtained at 5 weeks.
Expecting pregnancy, a woman can take for her signs any manifestations and reactions of her body. Therefore, buying a test with loss of appetite is still not worth it, it is better to wait for a delay. In addition, many signs are only secondary and subjective. They are caused by the hormone progesterone, which is actively produced in the second phase of the cycle, regardless of whether conception occurred or not.
Significance of Early Pregnancy Recognition
If a woman is looking forward to the onset of this condition, then she is sensitive to any changes that occur in her body. Naturally, she seeks to learn as much as possible about ways to recognize pregnancy at the very beginning.
In the first weeks of embryo development, the most important organs are laid. Wrong behavior of the mother (too intense sports, increased nervousness, alcohol, smoking) can adversely affect the health of the unborn baby. Infectious diseases are of particular danger.
A woman who wants to give birth to a healthy baby should make some restrictions on her life from the very first days of pregnancy. She needs to give up drinking alcohol, as well as strong coffee, she should be more responsible in her diet. Pregnant women should not be nervous, physically overworked. If you feel unwell and had to see a doctor, you need to warn him about his possible condition so that he takes it into account when prescribing drugs.
Conception can be unplanned (for example, contraception was unsuccessful or a woman was mistaken in calculating safe days). The first signs will tell you that an unexpected event has occurred, she should be careful not to harm the baby. If a woman does not intend to give birth, she will be able to have an early abortion, to avoid toxicosis and other ailments that she has to endure before an ordinary abortion at a later date.
When the first symptoms appear
Ovum fertilization occurs only after ovulation, which occurs in the middle in the 28-day cycle. Small deviations in the timing of conception are possible due to the presence of individual physiological characteristics in women, as well as the existence of differences in sperm activity in men. However, it is safe to say that trying to detect reliable signs earlier than a week after sexual contact does not make sense.
When to test
A pregnancy test is recommended not earlier than 2-3 days before the start of the delay. And some manufacturers generally warn that the result will be reliable only if the verification is carried out in the first days of the delay.
If you use the test earlier, the result may be false negative. That is, conception has occurred, but the level of hormone secreted by the fetus (hCG) is still too low. The most accurate are the more expensive inkjet tests. It is necessary to strictly follow the instructions, as with improper actions, the result can be false positive.
HCG blood test
A reliable result of a hormone test can be obtained only 10-12 days after intercourse. A fertilized egg must have time to gain a foothold in the uterus, only after that the chorion (germinal membrane) begins to secrete hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin). Each week of pregnancy corresponds to a certain level of the hormone, higher than that of non-pregnant women.
However, this symptom is not absolutely accurate, since an increase in the level of the hormone occurs not only during pregnancy, but also with kidney diseases or diabetes mellitus.
Признаки патологической беременности
Если тест дает положительный результат, а анализ на ХГЧ показывает содержание его в крови ниже нормы, это говорит о том, что беременность является внематочной. Особенно опасно, когда плод начинает развиваться в трубе матки. The condition in which the pipe breaks is dangerous to the woman's life. Therefore, it is necessary to identify such a pathology as early as possible and remove the fetus. Signs of improper fastening of the embryo are the appearance of cramping pains on one side of the lower abdomen, as well as spotting spotting.
A frozen pregnancy is possible, when the embryo ceases to develop and dies, while miscarriage does not occur, the fetus also has to be removed operatively. Such a pathology occurs if a woman has polycystic ovaries or an increased level of androgens in the body. An early sign of a missed pregnancy is a low level of hCG in the blood.
There is such an anomaly as a false pregnancy. Moreover, the signs are so real that it is difficult to dissuade a woman in her self-hypnosis.
Early signs of conception
All signs of pregnancy that appear before the delay of menstruation are not absolutely reliable, they only allow us to make an assumption about its probable occurrence.
The following manifestations can be attributed to them:
- Nausea, vomiting, and other symptoms of toxicosis. They appear about 3-4 weeks after conception. At this time, a woman is intolerant of certain odors (for example, perfume aromas or the smell of meat broth), as well as unusual taste addictions (love of pickles, sweets).
- Drowsiness and fatigue, decreased blood pressure, inability to concentrate, weakened memory.
- Frequent mood swings. The desire to cry on the most insignificant occasion.
- Change the nature of the discharge. If a woman is not pregnant, then before the onset of menstruation, leucorrhoea becomes more scarce and thicker. After fertilization has occurred, the level of progesterone (the corpus luteum hormone remaining in the ovary after ovulation) remains high. Due to this, the work of the cervical glands that produce mucus is activated. Allocations literally from the first days of pregnancy become abundant, transparent and liquid.
- Implantation bleeding. Drops of blood may appear briefly in the discharge. In this case, a particularly sensitive woman feels a slight pulling pain in the lower abdomen. Such symptoms occur at the time of the introduction of the ovum into the endometrium of the uterus. If bleeding occurs immediately before the expected menstruation or coincides with them in time, they are sometimes mistaken for menstruation. In other cases, women take them for intermenstrual bleeding. You need to know that pregnancy can be assumed if such "menstruation" is too meager and short.
- Swelling and tenderness of the mammary glands. Changes in their condition occur immediately after conception. Before the delay, the skin around the nipple may darken, on the areola, tubercles become more noticeable. Sometimes there are transparent yellowish discharge from the nipple (colostrum).
- Constipation, a feeling of fullness in the lower abdomen.
- Increased urination, cystitis. With the onset of pregnancy in women, immunity decreases sharply. In this way, the body "adjusts" to a new state, doing everything to prevent fetal rejection. A decrease in immune defense leads to increased susceptibility to bacteria and viruses. Therefore, at the very beginning of pregnancy, inflammatory processes worsen (in particular, in the bladder). Colds can become more frequent.
Note: Do not forget that these signs are nonspecific. Nausea and vomiting can also occur with intestinal diseases (gastritis, colitis), poisoning, strong feelings. Odor intolerance happens even with flu. Passion for sweets occurs with nervous stress.
It is important not to confuse changes in the mammary glands with the symptoms of diseases. If the pain becomes obsessive, seals appear, the skin of the chest turns red, you must definitely visit a mammologist.
One of the first signs of pregnancy is the constancy of the basal temperature in a woman after conception. True, it can be detected only if the measurements were carried out for a long time (over several cycles) in the previous period.
Measure basal temperature rectally. This eliminates the impact on the performance of various external factors. The procedure is carried out in the morning at the same time. In this case, the woman should still be in bed. By changing the temperature, you can find out when ovulation occurred, since at that moment it reaches a maximum (37 °). If fertilization does not occur, the temperature decreases. And if conception has occurred, it remains slightly elevated.
Thrush in early pregnancy
A natural decrease in immunity can provoke the appearance or exacerbation of thrush. The occurrence of the disease is also facilitated by a change in the state of the vaginal microflora due to an increase in the volume of secretions. The lack of beneficial lactobacilli leads to the multiplication of Candida fungi in the body.
However, thrush does not occur in all pregnant women. It all depends on the state of immunity and the characteristics of the hormonal shift occurring in the body. Therefore, the presence of thrush cannot be considered a reliable way of establishing the fact of conception.
The very first signs of pregnancy
To plan conception, you need to know the date of ovulation. To do this, you need to keep a calendar of the menstrual cycle, measure basal temperature correctly and regularly.
If between the critical days you have 28-30 days, the egg will leave the follicle in the middle of the cycle. If the interval is more or less days, then 14 should be subtracted from the number of days in the cycle.
For example, if the cycle length is 35 days, then ovulation will occur approximately 21 days after the start of the last menstruation (35-14 = 21).
The most reliable signs of pregnancy in the early days
- Basal temperature indicators. If you keep track of basal indicators, then you know that the graph looks like a curve - the peak of values falls on the day of ovulation, after which their decrease is observed. If this does not happen, the temperature does not drop below 37.1 degrees, the probability that you are pregnant is quite high. But a similar situation is observed with some inflammatory processes, so you need to consider other symptoms.
- Spotting before critical days - on underwear you can see several brown or pink spots about a week after ovulation. This phenomenon is called implantation bleeding, the fertilized egg reaches the uterus, is fixed in the epithelium, in violation of the integrity of the tissues and a few drops of blood appear. But this symptom does not always appear.
- Severe weakness, constant fatigue, drowsiness - With the onset of pregnancy, a lot of changes occur in a woman’s body, all of this body spends a lot of energy. Signs of the common cold may appear, since the immune system weakens after conception.
- Frequent mood swingstearfulness, sentimentality.
- Discomfort in a sitting position.
- Unusual allergic reactions. From the first days, the immune system of pregnant women begins to work for two, therefore it perceives any potential allergen as an enemy substance. Reacts accordingly: rash, peeling, redness.
- Cervical condition. Before menstruation, it becomes soft, opens, rises high. If conception has occurred, then the organ feels solid to the touch, closes, lowers.
All these signs indirectly indicate pregnancy, since they can accompany various pathological conditions in the body, so in any case, you should not postpone a visit to the doctor.
The first signs of pregnancy before menstruation
- Toxicosis. Nausea, vomiting, a slight increase in temperature - these symptoms appear due to the fact that the body perceives the fetus as a foreign body. Toxicosis can be early, late, or completely absent.
- Decrease in arterial indicators. Hypotension develops against the background of restructuring in the cardiovascular system, manifests itself in the form of dizziness, migraine, nausea, and weakness.
- Increased nipple sensitivity, tenderness of the mammary glands - the body begins to prepare for natural feeding, which causes swelling of the breast.
- Montgomery Hillocks. A rather specific and accurate sign of pregnancy is that on the areola near the nipples, small elevations appear that are similar in appearance to goose bumps. Often appear in the initial stages of pregnancy and venous patterns on the chest.
- Nagging pain in the lower abdomen, lower back, a tingling sensation in the uterus is normal, so the genital organ prepares for the upcoming birth. Normally, discomfort should last no more than 2 days.
- Sleep disturbance - Pregnant women suffer from chronic lack of sleep, they constantly tend to sleep.
- Change in taste preferences, increased appetite, odor intolerance are classic signs of pregnancy, usually appear at the beginning of the second month, but many women begin to experience such sensations from the first days after conception.
- Digestion problems - bloating, constipation, diarrhea. With the onset of pregnancy, the intestine begins to work slowly, its walls against the background of hormonal changes slightly swell, various dyspeptic disorders appear, salivation increases, an obsessive taste of metal in the mouth appears.
- Rapid urination - a consequence of hormonal adjustment, occurs about 10-14 days after conception.
The onset of pregnancy may be indicated by swelling of the face, the appearance of acne or their sudden complete disappearance, a constant bright blush. Amid calcium deficiency, cramps occur during sleep.
Most of these symptoms occur with PMS, so you should wait until the critical days, or do a pregnancy test. Delayed menstruation is one of the most obvious signs of early pregnancy.
The first signs of early pregnancy - diagnostic methods
Exactly pregnancy is evidenced by an increase in the level of hCG in the blood, ultrasound, listening to the fetal heartbeat, doctors call all other signs the possible symptoms of pregnancy.
The exact signs of pregnancy:
- HCG level. This hormone begins to be produced 7-10 days after conception, its level rises throughout pregnancy, based on this indicator they judge the development of the fetus.
- Ultrasound scan - The most accurate method for determining pregnancy, but even a good specialist will be able to see a fertilized egg in the uterine cavity 2 weeks after the delay.
- Listening to baby's heartbeat - one of the most touching moments in the life of every woman. But you can only hear your baby’s heart beating for 10-12 weeks.
If ample bloody discharge is observed against the background of the delay of menstruation, the pain in the lower abdomen is intense, cutting, the temperature rises sharply - you need to urgently see a doctor, these symptoms may indicate an ectopic pregnancy.
After conception, a radical change occurs in the female body, which can manifest itself in the form of various symptoms, new sensations, and a change in the psychoemotional state.
Tell us in the comments about your first signs of pregnancy, what worried, or you didn’t notice any special changes before the delay of your period. And do not forget to share the article with your friends on social networks, perhaps some of them are now sitting at a loss, and thinks she is pregnant or not.