Water with lemon and honey, the benefits of which have been well known since ancient times, not only provides the body with the necessary vitamins and minerals, but also helps to lose weight. Yoga was the first to propose the idea of such a drink, drawing attention to its beneficial effect on the human body. How useful is water with lemon and honey? How to cook it right?
The benefits of lemon and honey
Lemon is a real storehouse of vitamin C, responsible for supporting the immune system. Citric acid is a natural stimulant for the production of gastric juice and essential enzymes that help digest food and assimilate it quickly. Lemon is also rich in potassium, which ensures proper metabolism and uninterrupted operation of the heart and blood vessels. Pectin, contained in citrus, regulates glucose and normalizes blood sugar, cleans blood vessels from deposits of harmful cholesterol.
Honey is a natural product of the vital activity of bees, which includes more than 20 vitamins and minerals necessary for the normal functioning of the body.
The antiseptic, antibacterial and antioxidant properties of honey are well known. The organic acids and minerals contained in it are responsible for the normal functioning of the heart and muscle system, as well as maintaining immunity. Trace elements contained in this healthy product trigger the breakdown of fats in the body and contribute to the natural process of losing weight.
The combination of the beneficial properties of both natural products enhances their combined effect and causes a number of useful changes in the body:
- The body's defenses are strengthened, immunity is increased, the risk of colds and infections is reduced.
- Due to the acceleration of digestion processes, metabolism improves.
- Fat-burning and cleansing properties of products contribute to weight loss and to cleanse the body of toxins and toxins.
- The activity of the cardiovascular system of the body improves, blood vessels are cleaned, the heart muscle is strengthened and pressure is reduced.
- The work of the brain and nervous system improves.
- Noticeable external changes take place: complexion improves, pimples and blackheads disappear, and the aging process slows down.
Preparation and use of the drink
The preparation of lemon honey water does not require much effort. Filtered water is used for this. Take fresh lemon and quality honey. Squeeze 2 tbsp. l lemon juice and dilute them with 1 tbsp. l honey in a glass of warm water. A refreshing tonic is ready. With a person weighing more than 90 kg, it is advisable to use honey and lemon in double size for the same volume of water.
Chilled honey-lemon water is pleasant in hot weather. On cold winter evenings, take hot tea with honey, lemon and ginger.
How to use water with lemon and honey for weight loss? The above qualities of citrus and honey are actively used in various diets aimed at weight loss without harm to health. British nutritionists have even developed a special diet based entirely on the use of lemon.
Before starting a diet, be sure to consult a doctor and undergo an examination for allergic reactions to its ingredients. As a rule, natural apiary honey without additives or preservatives does not cause rejection by the body.
It uses warm water with honey and lemon on an empty stomach in the morning, which is the key to the digestive system and metabolic processes in the body. Morning reception is supplemented by several daytime. A few lemon slices, washed with diluted honey, drown out the appetite and make up the necessary supply of trace elements.
If you add 1 more immunostimulant to the drink - ginger, then the effect of the drink will be even higher. Ginger water with honey and lemon on an empty stomach has an antiviral and anti-inflammatory effect, and also serves as an excellent tool for effective weight loss.
Here are some simple recipes:
- Take chopped ginger (1 tsp) and brew 1 cup boiling water. In the cooled drink, add honey (1 tsp) and a slice of lemon (or a few drops of juice). Drink in the morning on an empty stomach and during the day to dull the feeling of hunger.
- Chopped ginger (3 tbsp. L.) Pour boiling water (2 l) in a thermos, adding honey and lemon to taste. Leave overnight. The use of such ginger water with lemon and honey on an empty stomach normalizes metabolism, reducing the feeling of hunger.
- Brew ginger with green or black tea, add honey and lemon: for 1 tsp. tea take 0.5 tsp. grated ginger, brew a glass of boiling water and strain. Add honey to taste. Such tea with lemon in the morning gives energy and provides high efficiency for the whole day.
Contraindications and helpful tips
When using a drink prepared on the basis of a beekeeping product and lemon, it is important to consider contraindications. Do not exceed recommended doses, as you may harm your body.
The main beneficial property of the drink is a high content of vitamin C, which is necessary to maintain immunity. However, you need to be careful with the drink, as it contains a lot of potassium, the excess of which causes harm to the body. The drink also has a cleansing effect on the blood, freeing it from toxins and lowering blood pressure. Here you need to be attentive to people with low blood pressure.
The use of such a drink is not recommended for people suffering from diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (ulcer, gastritis and others). With increased acidity, water with lemon and honey should not be drunk. Citric acid has a destructive effect on tooth enamel, so rinse your teeth after taking a drink.
People with diabetes, as well as allergies, are not recommended to use the drink. You should be careful for people with kidney disease. A drink can bring both benefits and harm, so consult a doctor before using it.
Some useful tips for making and using a drink:
- the drink is consumed freshly prepared, during storage it loses its useful properties,
- before use, lemons are thoroughly washed, since the wax coating on their peel, applied for better storage, is not good for the body,
- for weight loss, the drink is taken strictly on an empty stomach, 30-40 minutes before eating,
- if unpleasant sensations occur in the stomach, the drink should be discontinued.
Healing lemon-honey water serves as a prophylactic against many diseases, and with regular use it strengthens the immune system and reduces weight. Follow the rules for its preparation and use, and then the benefits will be invaluable.
The benefits of a drink with honey and lemon
The benefits of this drink can be found in more than a dozen articles and notes both on the Internet, and in other sources. If you believe this information, this drink promotes weight loss, improves immunity, stimulates the stomach, improves the appearance of the skin, is a natural antioxidant, cleanses the blood, and is an excellent tonic - this list goes on and on :) Experts recommend eating it on an empty stomach every morning .
This drink attracted my attention with its taste, simplicity and unequivocal benefit! After all, honey and lemon are its recognized sources. And if quite frankly, I first tried this lemonade visiting good friends and they kindly shared a recipe with me. Since then, I often pamper my family and guests with this yummy.
Today I will prepare exactly the version of the drink that my friends shared with me - in it lemon is poured with boiling water. If desired, lemons can be poured with warm water overnight or added to the water ready-made lemon juice - the choice is yours.
Important! Whatever recipe for cooking you choose, remember that honey loses all its beneficial properties when heated above 40 ° C. You need to add honey to a slightly warm lemonade, otherwise there will be nothing left except sucrose and taste.
Lemon and honey, despite all its benefits, can be contraindicated in a certain category of people, especially if you use them in large quantities. So, before following the recommendations of experts and introducing daily morning rituals - make sure that it will really benefit you, not harm.
Useful and healing properties
Everyone knows that lemon is a storehouse of vitamin C, which is one of the most important helpers in the fight against colds. But few people know that in addition to vitamin C, it contains a huge number of other trace minerals and health benefits:
- Potassium - in lemon it is slightly less than vitamin C. This microelement is used to prevent diseases of the cardiovascular system. It is able to significantly extend the life of the heart muscle.
- If honey is added to the lemon, then this mixture is an excellent cleaner of the body - toxins are removed, the blood is cleaned, the metabolism is accelerated.
- If you take water with lemon and honey on an empty stomach, then the functions of the gastrointestinal tract are activated. Taking a drink during the day, you help the stomach to digest incoming food.
- The most popular effect of water with honey is weight loss. Almost everyone who tries to bring weight back to normal takes this drink. As mentioned earlier, it is able to normalize metabolic processes in the body, as well as break down fats.
- Normalizes sleep, has sedative properties.
Fewer people remember the healing properties of the plants that surround us, and more and more they buy medicines in pharmacies. However, water with lemon can replace a significant amount of drugs that are responsible for overall well-being. The healing properties of water with lemon and honey:
- Accelerates the production of enzyme. An enzyme is an enzyme found in the liver and is responsible for its recovery. Therefore, the drink has a tonic effect. This property, unlike other citrus fruits, is present only in citric acid.
- Regulates the level of oxygen in the blood by regulating the carbon balance. The more oxygen in the blood, the less fatigue, which increases vitality.
- Maintains an alkaline level in the blood and lymph. Thanks to this, the body is able to better resist viral diseases. In addition, maintaining a pH level helps maintain the integrity and health of nails, teeth and hair.
- Lemon juice is a magic potion that can resist malignant formations, preventing their growth.
- Water with lemon and honey is indicated for pregnant women. Due to the large amount of vitamin C, a child develops good immunity, and honey contains trace elements that have a beneficial effect on the condition of bones and other organs.
- In addition to immunomodulatory properties, the drink is able to envelop the intestines, improving its conductivity and thereby helping to fight cystitis and constipation.
A person should drink an average of up to 2 liters of pure water per day. An excellent alternative in this case is water with lemon. For those who are afraid to get better, you should know that only about 3 kcal per glass of water with lemon juice.
However, it should be understood that when honey is added to this healing drink, calorie content increases significantly due to the high carbohydrate content in honey. Thus, if you add a teaspoon of lemon juice and the same amount of honey to the water, then the total calorie content of such a drink will be about 30-40 kcal per 100 g of water.
Mode of application
Drink the drink before meals, for 20-30 minutes, 1 glass each. In this way he prepares the stomach before breakfast. This is a kind of warm-up before physical exertion - if you do not warm up the muscles, then you risk getting injured. The same thing with an empty stomach - after a long break between meals, you should prepare - drink water and eat a light salad, which will serve as a prelude to the main course.
In addition, in the summer, when there is heat on the street, this drink helps fight thirst and normalizes body temperature.
When to drink honey and lemon water
It's no secret that coffee is a great helper for those who wake up hard in the morning. However, coffee is not the best option, since it negatively affects the work of the cardiovascular system, worsens the condition of the oral cavity, leaving plaque on the teeth. In addition, the frequent use of coffee, especially instant coffee, negatively affects the pancreas. People who drink coffee often complain of pain and heartburn.
Fasting morning water
As mentioned earlier, warm water with lemon and honey in the morning helps the body wake up. Moreover, unlike coffee, this drink does not wake up due to an increase in brain activity and pressure increase, but due to the fact that it tones all organs.
A lemon-honey drink in the morning on an empty stomach is an excellent assistant for those who want to lose weight. It accelerates all body processes in the morning and thus there is an increased burning of calories.
In the evening before going to bed
At night, metabolic processes occur in your body, during which a large amount of fluid is consumed, and therefore its reserves should be replenished without fail. Morning water intake can fill dehydrated cells, and water intake in the evening reduces the possibility of dehydration, which improves recovery processes and also slows down skin aging.
In addition, this practice contributes to the breakdown of food that was taken for dinner, and also beneficially affects the excitatory processes in the body - it calms down and it becomes easier to fall asleep even after the most nervous working day.
People suffering from insomnia and began to take honey-lemon water before bedtime noticed an improvement in the process of falling asleep after 4 days.
Elixir for weight loss
Any girl who wants to lose weight or just lose weight must have honey and lemon in her arsenal. There are many diets based on this acid citrus. No less effective is the drink with it.
Note! Before using sour-honey vodichki, you should consult your doctor! And also read the contraindications at the end of the article!
Why is water with honey and lemon for weight loss so useful?
- If you use it in the morning, then the metabolism is accelerated,
- Eating before meals reduces your appetite - you eat less,
- Fatigue is reduced. You will have more strength for the upcoming workouts,
- Helps the stomach to break down food that enters the digestive tract, thereby increasing digestibility and preventing fat deposition.
To make this magic tool is very simple. It is enough to take a glass of cold water, add 1 tsp. honey, 1 tsp lemon juice. Mix everything and drink at a time.
We clean the body
Lemon perfectly removes toxins, cleanses organs of toxins and harmful microorganisms that enter our body with food, bad habits and poor environmental conditions.
The most effective is the use of pure lemon juice. However, drinking several glasses of pure lemon juice every day is quite difficult and much easier to take lemon juice diluted with water throughout the day.
Cleansing the body with lemon helps with salt deposits, blood slagging, skin problems and much more.
There are many recipes for making this healing drink. Consider the most popular of them.
We need: boiling water, 1 kg of lemons, and 0.5 kg of honey.
Pre-pour the fruit with boiling water, then get rid of the peel and seeds and cut into cubes or rub on a grater. After that, all citrus fruits should be poured with honey and left in the bank for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
Apply this mixture should be 1 tablespoon before meals, if desired, can be added to tea (cooled).
The following recipe is suitable for those who want to lose weight, recover from a cold or increase the body's immune properties.
We need: lemon, ginger root, honey.
Cut the ginger into slices or grate. Add to it 5-7 slices of lemon. Mash the ingredients together, to make a slurry, and pour boiling water. The drink should be infused for 20-30 minutes. After he has insisted, add 2 tsp. honey. Use this tool should be 3 times a day, one glass of water with lemon and honey.
If you want to keep vitamin C in lemon, then pour it with cold water! Hot water deprives lemon juice of beneficial substances, and honey turns into regular sugar!
In addition to useful qualities, the drink in question has reasons for contraindications:
- Honey and citrus fruits are a common allergen. Therefore, it is categorically not recommended to drink water with lemon and honey for people who are allergic to its components.
- Any recipes of lemon-honey water for immunity or other purposes should only be used exclusively for children older than 3 years.
- Strongly not recommended for patients with diabetes. There is a risk of a jump in blood sugar.
- При заболеваниях ЖКТ, а именно язвах или гастритах с повышенной кислотностью, поскольку лимон активизирует выработку желудочного сока.
Thus, before use, you should consult a doctor and undergo an examination for the presence of the above diseases, since in this case this drink will not only not help, but also harm. Even medications are beneficial and harmful if taken incorrectly and not followed by doctors' recommendations.