Each of us has had a cold at least once in a lifetime. Usually colds get sick in the winter. Although many people rely on home remedies and medications to fight the symptoms, there are alternative treatments for the common cold that can be very effective. Home remedies, such as relaxing a lot and drinking more fluids, help get rid of the disease, but traditional Chinese medicine can give instant results.
Chinese medicine treats flu and colds
In China, anti-colds and flu can be found in any medical office. And it is almost impossible to find a person there who would never have resorted to them. Most of these effective and time-tested herbal formulas came from two main schools in traditional Chinese medicine: a school of diseases caused by cooling the body and accompanied by a fever, a school of seasonal febrile diseases.
The use of herbal formulas for the prevention and treatment of colds and flu is one of the most developed and most successful aspects of traditional Chinese medicine. Specific treatment practices and formulas have been passed down to modernity from early treatment schools. More and more people are beginning to realize the effectiveness of ancient treatments for colds and flu. Proven herbs over the centuries began to be used as components in some modern antiviral drugs, for example, anemone is present in Tamilflu.
In traditional Chinese medicine, as well as in traditional medicine in many countries, such widely known plants as garlic, thistle, hemp, and others are used to prevent flu and treat colds.
In traditional Chinese medicine, the types of colds and flu vary depending on the imbalance of the body, the causes and stage of the disease. Herbal formulas (combinations of herbs) are always recommended by specialists, because they are stronger and more effective than individual herbs.
Type "wind-heat." Symptoms: fever, headache, sweating, runny nose with yellow-colored mucus, dry mouth, thirst, sore throat, cough with thick yellowish mucus, thin yellow coating on the tongue, "floating" and rapid pulse. For treatment with this type, the most popular formula Yin Qiao San (Yin Qiao San) and others are used. It includes forsythia, honeysuckle, wide-bell, licorice, etc.
Type "wind-cold." Symptoms: cold aversion, slight fever, lack of sweat, a rush of blood to the chest, sneezing, runny nose with clear mucus, itching in the throat, cough with mucus, a thin white coating on the tongue and a hard pulse. For treatment, the formula is Jiu Wei Qiang Huo Tang, which, among other ingredients, includes a decoction of cinnamon (guizhi).
Type "deficit". Most people with chronic diseases have reduced immunity. They are most vulnerable to seasonal weather changes and the flu epidemic. With this type of cold or flu, it is necessary to choose the herbal formula for treatment more flexibly than with other types of colds or flu. To do this, contact a TCM specialist. Typically, formulas for this type include ginseng, licorice, astragalus, cinnamon, etc.
Cold and flu: two different diseases
Symptoms of a Cold
stuffy nose, runny nose,
temperature (there may not be a high temperature) and other colds.
symptoms are more pronounced than with a cold:
a sharp headache
the whole body aches or hurts, discomfort in the chest is felt,
in some cases, clouding of consciousness, an uneven heartbeat, blood pressure decreases, noticeable weakness.
It is necessary to be treated with strong warming, hot drinks: strong tea with raspberries and cognac (for adults) is great, add more sugar to the tea or drink hot punch.
Anti-influenza drugs can be used only as a prophylaxis.
When the body is weakened by internal cold, you can catch the flu. Especially when frost gives way to thaw, dampness and wind. There may not be a cold, but the flu will bring heaviness and pain in the head, redness and pain in the eyes, the temperature immediately rises to 37.50. and higher (this organism began to fight with penetrated viruses), a dry cough appears (the lungs try to tear away the viruses that have flown in). It turns out the layering of one disease on another - infections for the common cold.
Now you should take anti-influenza drugs. Effectively brewed like tea Thyme. This is a natural antibiotic, it is also good for pulmonary infections. In addition, having got into the lungs with blood, it promotes the formation of mucus in them, which collects living and dead viruses and then spits up. Thus, a dry cough becomes "wet", not damaging the lung tissue.
It is also useful to cover yourself with breathing over slightly boiling sage. It is a strong aseptic that kills many bacteria. Sage is also a recreational agent for the liver. It restores liver cells - hepatocytes, cleanses accumulated blood, promotes the formation of bile.
Pharmacy antibiotics are now said to be ineffective. Bacteria mutate and their new strains "tolerate" antibiotics.
With influenza, immunity should be strengthened: take vitamins C and all B, eat lemons, garlic, onions, oranges, all other fruits.
Additional tools and recommendations
1. Several times a day you need to drink hot water. This helps to remove toxins from the body, do not drink cold drinks.
2. Provide yourself more rest and rest. Rest, relax, lie more.
3. For colds, breathing exercises are effective. - “burn” a cold and remove mucus and phlegm from the respiratory tract will help the following exercise:
- Inhale passively (through the nose), and exhale actively and with little effort. Start slowly and gradually increase speed. Imagine a locomotive that is slowly picking up speed.
- Do a cycle of 25-30 exhalations, then rest for one or two minutes. You can perform up to five exercise cycles in the morning and five in the evening.
4. Improving self-massage with a cold:
Chinese medicine. Self-massage of the face with a cold. To do “face washing” - to act on biologically active zones and points to produce and rubbing near the nose 200 times until the face is hot and sweat comes out on the forehead.
Note. The effectiveness of the effect can be enhanced if you lubricate the tips of your fingers with fir or eucalyptus oil or Golden Dragon before the massage (the Vietnamese pharmacy Zvezdochka is also suitable).
5. It is recommended to swim in hot water in the initial stages of the common cold. Take hot baths for half an hour so as to sweat. You can add sea salt to hot water.
6. Easy running in the initial stages of a cold. With a relatively good state of body and spirit, you can run to the state of the appearance of sweat.
As you can see colds and pulmonary infections are two different diseases and their treatment is different. With layering of diseases, the first disease should be treated, then the second, but not together. In case of flu, ventilate the room, with a cold, warm the house, and sleep in socks, with a light cap on your head.
Of course, doctors have no time to understand these two diseases, to differentiate them. After all, the line of patients in the corridor is growing! Doctors write on sick leave - ARI (acute respiratory illness) and relieve them of work. It’s clear that this is hacking of doctors, leading to chronic bronchitis, asthma, tuberculosis, bronchiectasis and other consequences of medical negligence.
And one more pebble in the garden of official medicine: if the patient feels insecure, you can not write him out for work with a temperature of 36.80. After all, the treatment process has not yet ended and may turn back. It is necessary to give the patient time to restore health: home mode and improved nutrition.
Note to the above
- Hypersensitivity to cold and fever (han-she):
Hypersensitivity to cold and fever are quite common in medical practice. In this case, Chinese medicine simply refers to the “cold” and “heat” syndrome. It is important to determine the various states of cold and heat in order to distinguish between pathogens (bin-he) and their localization, establish the characteristics of this disease, identify the state of abundance (chen) or weakness (shuai) Yin and Yang.
- The simultaneous presence of fever and chills:
1) If heat and cold, that is, fever and chills, are present together, then this indicates in most cases the syndrome of "superficial disease" (bian-zhen).
2) If the symptoms of cold or chills are severe, and the temperature is not very high and they are accompanied by headaches and pains throughout the body, and the patient does not have dry mouth, pulse is superficial and strained (Mai-Fu-ching), then this means external chained by wind and cold (feng han wai-shu), and the protective function of yang (wei-yang) is affected, and there is a superficial pathogen associated with wind and cold (feng han-biao zheng).
3) With a strong increase in body temperature (je) and a slight increase in sensitivity to cold or chills (Han), accompanied by headache, dry mouth, superficial rapid pulse (may-fu-shu), there is a syndrome of "surface wind" and " heat "(feng-je-biao-zhen), in which wind and heat affected the defenses of the lungs (fei-wei).
- Alternation of chills and fever:
The alternating occurrence of cold and heat, and the patient feels either cold or heat, accompanied by a feeling of fullness in the chest and a bitter aftertaste in the mouth, combined with vomiting and a tense xian-may pulse indicate that the pathogenic principle of he is half external (biao), and half internal (li). This is the syndrome of "Shao-yang" (or "Shao-yang-zheng") with a violation of internal balance.
- Fever (fever) without chills:
A temperature without hypersensitivity to cold or chills, or a temperature combined with hypersensitivity to heat, hot skin, dry mouth, increased perspiration, yellow bloom on the tongue and rapid pulse indicates that the pathogenic cause associated with heat (he same), penetrated into the body.
- Hypersensitivity to cold without high temperature (heat):
At the same time, the patient’s whole body is penetrated by cold and chills, limbs without signs of warmth, the patient has a pale white face, he sweats, urine is transparent and plentiful, he has loose stools, a light tongue and a filiform thin pulse (May-wee-hee). In this case, there is a Yang-Qi void state (yang-qi-hu) corresponding to yang void syndrome, in which the body is not able to mobilize its external protective functions (bu-nen wei-wai). published by econet.ru.
P.S. And remember, just changing our consumption - together we change the world! © econet
Do you like the article? Then support us press: